Thursday, February 12, 2015

Welcome From the Alpha Iota Chapter President


Hello everyone,

My name is Regina Kyle.  I serve as the Athens State Alpha Iota Chapter President for Delta Mu Delta. Delta Mu Delta is an international business honor society that recognizes and encourages academic excellence. Being a Delta Mu Delta member can benefit a student for life.  When a student qualifies for membership and joins, they earn a lifetime membership allowing them to add this achievement to their resume. In 2015, the national Delta Mu Delta organization will provide $58,000 in scholarships to help exceptional students continue their education. Also, if you plan on obtaining government employment, membership with Delta Mu Delta fulfills one of the requirements for entrance at the GS-7 level.

I am very proud to be serving as president of our Delta Mu Delta chapter. This is an honor for me to have been chosen. Delta Mu Delta currently has 2 advisors- Professor Kim Bell and Professor Kim Roberts. Both advisors have been uplifting and encouraging to me throughout my college career with Athens State University.

Just as a reference point, Delta Mu Delta is an invitation-only honor society. Students with at least 12 hours at Athens State and who are in the top 20% of their junior or senior class based on overall GPA are considered.

I would encourage any student who would like to become a member to work hard. Every major is different, so strive to be the best that you can be in your chosen field.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at rkyle@my.athens.edu.  Best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment